Thursday, June 2, 2011

I got eggs today, as well as a job. Part II

Okay, well, I didn't get eggs this time, but I did use eggs to make bread. And I did get a job. Hurrah!

It's a summer posting at that lovely 114-year-old turreted building that I already know and love. I'll still be wardening, (cleaning, readying rooms for events, being a teeny tiny security guard) but I'll also be planning and implementing programs to get people to enjoy the space, especially the lawn. I have a few ideas that I'm pretty excited about. I'm absolutely thrilled that I'm able to spend all summer at a job that I am passionate about, and with coworkers who feel like family. Plus, I can continue to bring the pup to work, as long as she helps and isn't in the way. Silly dachshund. She's getting more confident, which is lovely, but it also means that I have to be sterner with her. Growing is fun.

Speaking of growing, I'll be planting my seedlings in a friend's garden tomorrow. We started them a few weeks ago, and most of them are doing well. The beans and squash are begging to be given more room, and the tomatoes definitely need some more space. The spinach sprouted early but has been touch-and-go since then. I'm not too sure about it. The peppers and basil are surprisingly coming into their own, as well. Yay!

My partner has moved in, and my (ex-)roomie has moved out. Our place is still pretty messy, as we don't have nearly enough bookcases or dressers. It'll be a good excuse for me to go through all of my clothes and other items to see what I can sell or give away before packing to move to Vancougar for September. Also, it'll be an interesting social experiment, of sorts, as I've never lived with a partner before. I've done some chores around the house - laundry, cleaning, baking - and have unpacked what I'm able to, and even moved the bed into the master bedroom. I hope it's enough to show that I care about our shared space, but that I don't want to dominate it. I know it's difficult enough moving into a space that someone already inhabits, without having to navigate heartstrings and such as well. Eep. I shall have my fingers crossed.

I hope you all are doing well, readers. I still feel like the good things that happen to me aren't real. Do you ever feel like that, like things are too good to be true?

4 comments:

Erin said...

Yes, yes I feel like that all the time. Or that life is a big giant joke and I'm the (awesome) butt. Or whatever.

Go us! Go life!

P.s. Your life sounds pretty cool right now. Just chill and enjoy.

P.p.s. Why don't you and Paddington Bear test your relationship skillz and build some book shelves together from skratchz?

Xoxoxoxo,
The Best Roomeh Eva!
(Aka dishes all over, kit explosion on the floor, maybe crazy).

Raven/Missy said...

"I still feel like the good things that happen to me aren't real. Do you ever feel like that, like things are too good to be true?"

Oh yeah! I have felt that way many times in my life. For me thinking and feeling that way was caused by my low self-esteem, I wasn't good enough and didn't deserve anything good or to be happy. After my ex-husband replaced me with another woman because of my conditions, telling me I was broken, it was extremely hard for me to feel like I deserved anything at all. I've gotten better (a lot better) but I still have my days where I feel broken and undeserving of good things.
You deserve it. I wish you both all the love, happiness, and joy!

Renee said...

I adore reading your blog. And over the years it never Ceases to amaze me how our lives tend to semi mirror each others. Having moved in to a space, I'm finding it hard not having my stuff around and not having a truly shared space. It's hard and touchy,

But alas you are very aware of others feelings and I think it will all be fine with you. And I'm happy you get to have the excitement of creating a space together that is both truly yours together.

Also yay othe gardening. It's exciting to watch them grow.
I miss you dear!

CL said...

Erin, Thanks - I am just trying to chill and enjoy it. It's difficult for me, as you know, to do that, but I'm trying.

Raven - definitely, I have huge issues with low self-esteem. I'm working on overcoming them, but it's a long journey. I hope you know that you deserve all of the goodness that comes your way (and more). Thanks for following along!

Renee - I miss you too! So very much. I wish I could've found time to see you during your visit out here. Soon, I'll be closer to you, and I can visit you!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com