Sunday, July 17, 2011

On letting go.

I have been researching many things regarding my upcoming move to the other side of the country.
  • apartments
  • public transit
  • air fare
  • transporting the pets
  • health coverage
  • jobs
  • furniture on the cheap
  • hell, everything on the cheap
And, sure, we've packed up two large bins of stuff that we can get rid of (which we haven't actually removed from our apartment). I've been dragging my heels on selling a few extra items, though. I haven't been able to say goodbye to them yet, and, well, I don't want to say goodbye to anything or anyone. Selling a sewing machine, table and chairs, saddle, and typewriter, well.. that seems rather final.

I've only had 6 weeks to live in this apartment with my partner, and it feels too soon to say goodbye to this chapter of our life together. Yes, yes, we're moving together across the country, but, well, we're moving together across the country!

It's also looking like my partner is going to move back to BC before I do. He's going to look for an apartment for us, prepare for school, spend time with his sister, and, I don't know, whatever else he needs to do without me. I'm fine with flying alone - I've been doing it since I was a child - but saying goodbye to my family and not having him there to remind me of what I'm moving towards, rather than just what I'm moving away from? Uncool.

Sigh. I can't control everything. I've got to learn to let things go. I suppose it's easier to move when you're not loaded down with baggage.

I just wish I knew what great things await me.

2 comments:

a blog about the little things said...

I have seriously been out of the loop the past while. You're moving? Across to the other side of the country?! With the cutest puppydog?! (if she can't travel, you know where to drop her off ;)
Definitely, we need to get together before you leave for good. I'm a little envious of your west coast move. It's such a lovely province, and it rains a lot which I love. :)
xo!

Erin said...

I'm gonna miss you so hard.

I already do miss you :(.

Very excited for you for the next chapter of your life.

Xoxo.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com