Sunday, February 6, 2011

Down and Out

Why didn't I post this week?

Because Depression got the better of me. I skipped some classes (some were canceled, though!) because I reasoned that the class would be better off without me, or because I would not have anything intelligent to say and would start crying. Those things sound silly now, but they made perfect sense at the time. Sigh.

Yes, I was taking my meds. I even picked up some more vitamins and added a few supplements. Here's a list, because I'm in the process of making lists for an assignment, and I'm all listy and whatnot. Yep.

Morning:
  • Prozac for depression
  • Wellbutrin for depression
  • Calcium, Magnesium, and Vitamin D for healthy bones and tissues
  • B12 because I'm not getting enough in my diet
  • (I should also take Iron, but I'm gonna see if I need it on my next doc visit)
Night:
  • Buspar for anxiety
  • Levothyroxine for my under active thyroid
  • Septra for chronic UTIs
  • Valerian root, catnip, and lemon balm as sleep aids
  • St John's wort for depression (need to check with doc about this too)
So, I was taking my meds, even though they make me feel like I'm old and falling apart, and also that I am not doing a good enough job on my own. I also dislike having a pharmacy in my nightstand, but it's gotta be done.

Despite these chemical assistants, I was really down this week. I noticed more of my joints partially dislocating, and I've been feeling sore due to a nasty fall on the ice. I sprained my right wrist, and possibly my right ankle. They're not too bad, probably because they're used to hyperextending, but they're not very happy either.

I also had to take my pets to the vet. They even had a sleepover, since the weather report called for a snowstorm and my vet's office is in the rural outskirts of town. I spent money that I don't have to get them all polished up and given their vaccines and have some minor day surgery to improve their quality of life -- and I was a mess being at home without them. I was even a mess without Kitten, who, although presently snuggling me in my bed, which is forbidden, is usually largely ignored by me and loved from a distance due to my annoying feline allergy. Prrrow.

I'm seeing the meds doc this week, so I will ask him about a few things and mention that I'm still clinging to my bed rather than even venturing out into the living room, or, higher power forbid, outside! I bet it's just general malaise from trying to use my muscles and joints as they were designed to be used, rather than how my bendy body has decided to use them.

I'll try to be more cheerful this week. I get to talk to a loan agent at the bank, which will aid in the money situation, and I also am studying topics that I enjoy in my classes. Maybe it'll even warm up enough to take the pup on a walk, or a frolic in the park! I'd enjoy that.

Here's to a better week, readers, and I hope that your spirits are lifted as well.

1 comments:

Zoe said...

I'm sorry you had such a sucky week. I imagine it's hard to balance out all the different drugs to get a good outcome. I'm never found anything that does anything good for me, one thing I was on had me waking up screaming and others just make me feel crappy. I wish I could find something, but at the moment the best antidepressant I've found is making some bags and cuddling some cats! I hope this week is better for you, email me and rant about crazy things if you need to, I'm not going to judge or think you're silly! x

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com