Thursday, September 15, 2011

Are You Okay?

I've written about my depression and my panic attacks.

Hell, I've written about them numerous times.
 
I've also written about the importance of a supportive partner and about my low self-esteem. I've also written about the exhaustion of being mentally unwell.

So, I am damn proud of my friend, Zoe, for writing about RUOK? Day. It takes a hell of a lot of courage to open up about that shit, especially when your blog is adorable and the go-to place for cute kitten photos, crafting, and general Aussie awesomenes.

Here's Zoe's brave post: http://agiraffeinascarf.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/are-you-ok/

Please, take the time to check it out. Someone you love, or someone you've never met, could be at risk for all kinds of awfulness, including self-harm and suicide. All they might need is for you to ask if they're okay.

That's all I needed.

It's not very much to ask, and it does save lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com