Sunday, January 16, 2011

Brr..

It's cold here. So freakin' cold.

Yeah, yeah, there have been other days when it's been -15C (5F. Yes, single digits, Americans.), but today, I'm really feeling it. I holed up in bed for most of the day with the puppy and my schoolbooks, even after taking my energy-boosting morning meds. I had a lovely breakfast with my partner after church, but I still  haven't technically gotten out of my pyjamas. I put other layers on underneath them, but, honestly, my sweatpants are far warmer than any of my jeans or cords. That's the story that I'm sticking to, anyway.

I ventured out into the cold for my radio broadcast this evening, but I didn't bring the dog. I usually bring the pup since she loves the other people at the station on Sundays, and she'd much rather be with me than alone at home. I couldn't bear to bring the mini dachshund out with me in -15C though. It just wasn't fair - even with a sweater, jacket, and boots on the poor little thing. Also, it would have taken us 40 minutes to walk to the station, rather than the 15 that it took me. That wouldn't have been pleasant in the least.

So, the show was successful, and I'm currently ripping some Canadian indie albums for use in future shows that I'm looking forward to.

I'm also looking forward to getting home and crawling back into bed with the tiny hound and three mugs of hot chocolate. Oh, yes.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Oh that sounds like bliss! The snuggling and hot chocolate that is, not the freezing cold! I wish it was cold enough for snuggles, my kitties don't like to snuggle when it's hot and then I feel rejected! Not that I want little hot water bottles, I suppose!

CL said...

My cat loooves to snuggle when it's hot out. It's as if he wants me to be as uncomfortable as he is. Silly furball. The dog just wants to snuggle all of the time. Even if I'm in the shower or cleaning the house or walking in the snow.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com