Friday, January 14, 2011

Dearest Internet,

I am exhausted. I'm sure you are too, what with all of the bytes you have racing along the information highway. I feel for you, Internet, I do. I don't know how you do it - you never seem to rest. Maybe you'll have the weekend to relax a little, stream some Netflix movies and have people catch up on blogs, rather than the workweek e-business busyness.

Thank you for your assistance, Internet, in posting some photos of my dog rummaging about in the blankets. She loves cozying up on my bed, but thoroughly dislikes the (probably) antique chenille bedspread that I have at the foot of the bed.




The photos are very blurry, as I was unable to stop laughing, and the dachshund certainly wouldn't stop moving as she hunted for badgers, I presume. She is slowly learning how to be a dog again, after three years spent as a breeder in a puppy mill, and I like to encourage these canine behaviours as much as I can. Sure, I was quite annoyed that the pup stole my pizza crust yesterday, but I couldn't scold her - it was my fault for leaving it beside her and not giving her a command to leave it. Silly dog.

Internet, I hate to leave you right now, but I must get back to my reading. Sure, I can probably find a copy of Northanger Abbey over at Project Gutenberg, and then read it while I chat with you, but with all of the millions of people online, I'm certain you won't be lonely. Plus, printed pages are easier on my aging eyes. I know, I know, you've come a long way with typography and screen resolution, but you really should learn to delegate in case the power goes out or the cats chew up the modem cords.

I've also got to eat something, and although you're great at locating places to dine, you know that I'm on a budget, since I do all of my banking with your help, and I really need to eat at home more. I'll still look up recipes on you, though, since Epicurious makes me happy.

So, Internet, so long for now. I'll be back to visit you shortly, I imagine, and I'll have more blog posts for you this weekend. Try to take it easy, eh? That's a good Internet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com