Saturday, January 15, 2011

A perfect Saturday.

I had an absolutely perfect day.

Well, sure, that isn't accurate. If pressed, I could find a few things to change or maybe even furrow my brow at. But, you see, there were hardly many of these things to change, and usually my days feel so cluttered with them that it's difficult to tell where one awful thing ends and another begins. Even the good things feel painful, usually.

But.. not today.

It was standard Sunday stuff with the partner, except we moved our Sunday to Saturday. Our Sundays will once again be filled with broadcasts in various types of sanctuaries, so we moved our one day free of obligations to Saturday. Hurrah!

I will not bore you with too many details, internetland, as, well, you will be bored. And, really, we all know how the dialogue will progress.

Oh, he let you sleep in and then made you breakfast in bed, eh? How nice. you might say.

Well.. not in bed, because that would be messy, but.. yes. I might reply.

And I suppose you talked rosily of the future.

Uh.. kinda. We joked about how little money I shell out for the lovely two-bedroom all-inclusive (with laundry!) apartment in a lovely century home in our current town, and how that amount would get us a one-bedroom without utilities in the shiftiest parts of Vancouver or Toronto..

You worked together on chores and the time went by quickly.


Yeah, but we also watched a fantastic movie about George III, read novels, worked on a crossword, dined out, and were in bed by 10 pm.


BORING.


So we won't do that at all. Instead, I will plug my radio show. It's on from 6pm-7pm EST in Canada. You can listen online and send me messages at the station, which is Trent Radio 92.7 CFFF in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.

I'll be playing only original songs by independent Canadian songwriters and musicians. This week the theme will be transportation, so tune in and hear all about planes, trains, and automo.. biles? That doesn't sound right. I'll research that before Sunday's show. I promise.

So, sleep well, readers, spammers, and trollers. I hope you had as lovely a day as I did. It was absolutely splendid.

1 comments:

renee said...

I'm super happy you had a wonderful Saturday!! You most certainly deserve it! Also glad to hear that instead of just banishing or forever postponing the no obligations day because there's too much to do that you've made time for it! (that was a terrible sentence.) I hope your week is full of wonderful moments that turn into days

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com